Garmin Connect vs Strava

Right now, I upload my training data on Garmin Connect. Are there any additional benefits of using Strava?

I assume that there is a social element that you don't get on Garmin Connect?

Re: Garmin Connect vs Strava

Mountain Goat
Get on so we can stalk your training. You can set it up so it automatically loads from garmin.

Re: Garmin Connect vs Strava

Shamus
Suffer Score!!!

Re: Garmin Connect vs Strava

jason
Strava's the facebook of athletics. It analyzes, even scrutinizes, data to the point where it's virtually a metabolic analysis if you shell out a few bucks a month. It's got the same as Garmin with the vert and pace analysis but then if you are into chasing a certain pace for a route it tracks that stuff over time even for smaller segments.

Re: Garmin Connect vs Strava

Ok, I'm on.  I think it can add some positive extra motivation to see everyone elses running.

It's also cool to see all of the people who run the local routes in my neighborhood.

Re: Garmin Connect vs Strava

Sebounet
It's cool to explore new routes.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 2, 2015, at 12:24 PM, RNR [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ok, I'm on.  I think it can add some positive extra motivation to see everyone elses running.

It's also cool to see all of the people who run the local routes in my neighborhood.

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Garmin-Connect-vs-Strava-tp7579847p7579851.html

Re: Garmin Connect vs Strava

I only put my really slow runs on there to help everyone feel good bout themselves

Re: Garmin Connect vs Strava

JohnnyDePaola
When I upgraded to my last watch I started using the Garmin Express app, it automatically uploads to my Strava, Garmin & MapMyFitness accounts.

Strava's my favorite because I get to see all of Steve's runs, plus they have some decent athletes that you can follow if you're interested in seeing how they train.

Plus, there is a NJ Trail & Ultra Group on there.

https://www.strava.com/clubs/NJtrailrunning