GPS smart phone app

NJtrailrunner
The Google My Tracks app on my android smart phone is a must have.  It works well for tracking runs up to 3-4 hrs, then there are battery issues.  The external battery will solve this problem if you have a place to store it.    It's great to just carry one device which is a phone, camera, video recorder, gps, pandora, ipod etc...
I researched & figured out how to convert the tracks so that they are compatible with Garminconnect.   If anyone is interested I can share the details...  it takes less a few seconds to convert the file & upload it to Garminconnect.
One thing I learned is not to use the auto announce feature if you are playing tunes, the app will crash when it goes to announce your mile marker.
Using this app will not upload your splits but will give you map, elevation, mileage, pace etc..