Flat Surface early am runs in South Jersey

Flat Surface early am runs in South Jersey

RenaissanceMom
I am a relatively new runner seeking to do early a.m. runs
I paid the price this summer for running in the dark - a broken foot and  six week hiatus from running.  I am back now but I don't know where to go where it would be mostly flat and even, but also lit up so I don't risk an accident.  I have to be able to see where my feet are landing.  I am 60, not 21.  Does anyone have advice?  Are high school tracks open to the local taxpayers during offhours, and are they typically lit up?  Are there any main drags that have sidewalks or safe shoulders, where I could do a 5 to 10 mile run without going in circles?
Many thanks for the advice!

Ro

Re: Flat Surface early am runs in South Jersey

Michael K7
If you tell us where you are located, it would be easier to make suggestions.
Something to consider is getting a headlamp. That will light up the ground in front of you as you run.
Good luck!