Feedback on the area for running

Finn
Hey there - Happened to find this group doing some searching and was hoping for some input. I currently living in Hoboken and am probably moving to Maplewood in the next few months with my family. One of my concerns/requirements for a town was the running options in the area. From looking at some of the posts, it looks like there are a lot of options and a really good community of runners. Any thoughts or feedback on ideal trails and running in the area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Feedback on the area for running

Steve
Miles and miles of trail for maple wood residents with south mountain reservation being the closest and Watchung reservation nearby. We run both regularly. Then, really good stuff up north within a short drive (30 - 45min) at ringwood / ramapo, Norvin green and the list goes on and on.

Re: Feedback on the area for running

Yes, as Steve said, you're moving to a trail runner's paradise!

South Mountain/Wachtung both have maps available for download from the web.
For Ramapo/Ringwood get these:

http://www.nynjtc.org/product/north-jersey-trails

The NYNJTC also has maps for Harriman State Park and the Palisades if you're willing to travel a bit further.

Re: Feedback on the area for running

I live in Maplewood against South Mountain Reservation. There are a lot of options in the area. SoMo, Watchung, Jockey Hollow, Ringwood and Ramapo, Patriots Path, Tourne, 5mile run...

Pretty easy to get oh on the trails.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 20, 2014, at 4:49 PM, "Finn [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey there - Happened to find this group doing some searching and was hoping for some input. I currently living in Hoboken and am probably moving to Maplewood in the next few months with my family. One of my concerns/requirements for a town was the running options in the area. From looking at some of the posts, it looks like there are a lot of options and a really good community of runners. Any thoughts or feedback on ideal trails and running in the area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Feedback-on-the-area-for-running-tp7579404.html

Re: Feedback on the area for running

Scott H
Are there any good places to run with a cat on a leash?

Re: Feedback on the area for running

Finn
Thanks to everyone for the feedback and quick replies. This definitely helps with any concerns I had. Sounds like an amazing area for running. Hope to join you in the trails very soon.