Favorite trail

Mountain Goat
This forum has been to quiet lately.
Topic of discussion: what your favorite trail around here?

Re: Favorite trail

tfarabaugh
Anything in Ramapo/Ringwood, but particularly the Yellow/Silver trail that runs from above Glen Gray up to the reservoir in Ramapo.

Re: Favorite trail

jbyram2
Baldpate mountain has a section of smooth twisty downhilll that is awesome to run down really fast.  My current favorite.

Re: Favorite trail

JRMotown
Hawk mountain appalacian trail. Smooth, spooky in the winter, giant rocks to chill on, and my oldest memory of a trail.
sg

Re: Favorite trail

sg
I like the Middlesex Greenway because I can wear my roller skates!

And its the only "trail" in Woodbridge :)

Re: Favorite trail

Kristina
I'm liking the. Mahlon Dickerson reserve in Jefferson. It's tame for what we're used to of ramapo/ring wood but nonetheless very pretty, awesome scenic views and some climbs. You can run all the way to split rock area where wildcat romp takes place...or in that vicinity.

Re: Favorite trail

Scott H
SoMo for me — it has a little bit of everything to keep it exciting. The northern part of Ringwood by Shepherd Lake is nice, too.

Re: Favorite trail

ItsBob
I'm an NJ guy but my favorites are just over the boarder in NY. Anything in Harriman or Bear Mountain, especially Doodletowan area. Also Schunemunk a little further north.

Re: Favorite trail

Jason just gave me flashback chills as I to spent a great part of my early years on the AT at hawk. I believe I know every rock and root by name in my backyard at Watchung and it is really where I became a trail runner so, she gets the prize.