Doing 7-8-ish at mahlon on Sunday...

Daddyrox
...6:30am at Saffin pond lot, if anyone is interested.
Chris

Re: Doing 7-8-ish at mahlon on Sunday...

JRMotown
I would but have to train hills for Harriman Sunday. Will definitely be up for that very soon.
dp

Missed this, but I'd be up for a group run at Mahlon sometime, too.

Re: Doing 7-8-ish at mahlon on Sunday...

Daddyrox
A buddy and I are planning to run the next few Sunday mornings to get ready for Madness.  Mostly at Mahlon and maybe Kittatinny too.  We're planning for Mahlon again this week.  I'd love to go to Watchung but my domestic responsibilities won't accommodate the extra time needed for travel :-)

The more the merrier!  I'll post meeting locations and times in case anyone is interested.
Chris

Re: Doing 7-8-ish at mahlon on Sunday...

NJ Trail Series
My suggestion:

If you are running to get ready for the Mountain Madness than you should run the Mountain Madness course.  It is online, no tricks, and to have the course well known will save you any extra thoughts on race day when you may possibly be tired and not thinking straight.

Good suggestion for any race!  It's too far for me to hit every weekend but would like to do the course at least once.  Is the 25k course posted?  I've seen the 50k but haven't found the 25.
Chris

Re: Doing 7-8-ish at mahlon on Sunday...

NJ Trail Series
No, I can tell it to you though.  I actually need to get back out there and measure the 25K course again.  Maybe we can do a group run with a bunch of gps' so I can get an average from a few measurements all in one day.

Re: Doing 7-8-ish at mahlon on Sunday...

I couldn't agree more about getting to know the MOMA course before the race. Starting in September, we are going to be heading up to Ringwood more often for our group runs. I will keep u updated.

Re: Doing 7-8-ish at mahlon on Sunday...

Tom7
Chris
I'm thinking your taking this MOMO rather seriously!!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: "RNR [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 08:06:56 -0700 (PDT)
To: Tom7<[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Doing 7-8-ish at mahlon on Sunday...

I couldn't agree more about getting to know the MOMA course before the race. Starting in September, we are going to be heading up to Ringwood more often for our group runs. I will keep u updated.

View message @ http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Doing-7-8-ish-at-mahlon-on-Sunday-tp5469505p5487449.html

Re: Doing 7-8-ish at mahlon on Sunday...

Are u worried?

Re: Doing 7-8-ish at mahlon on Sunday...

Tom7
Worry is a good thing. Keeps me trying.

Ran watchung sunday pm. 1hr 50mins. Felt faster but not bad considering. You recovered OK?

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: "RNR [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 15:42:36 -0700 (PDT)
To: Tom7<[hidden email]>

Are u worried?

View message @ http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Doing-7-8-ish-at-mahlon-on-Sunday-tp5469505p5489122.html

Re: Doing 7-8-ish at mahlon on Sunday...

Daddyrox
Rick, Sounds good!  Count me in.

Assuming it's not this coming weekend....   Planning to do 9-10-ish at Mahlon on Sunday.  Meeting at Saffin Pond lot at 7am, if anyone is interested.

NJ Trail Series wrote
Chris

Re: Doing 7-8-ish at mahlon on Sunday...

NJ Trail Series
Let's all pick a day that works and head up there.  Sounds like there are enough people on this forum that are doing the event.