Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
These guys are about to launch soon...I always wanted a vest with just two bottles. Now, if they had something like this with just 2 bottles in the front and some storage it would be much more awesome.

http://www.ultraspire.net/products/kinetic/

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

JasonRMotown
Yeah I know- the two bottles is good for ultras b/c it's enough water for in between aid stations- but like many I would prefer a vest to hip bottles

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

seanaes
The new Ultimate Direction vests are doing bottles up front. Super light and look pretty good

Rob whats the world from the locals on these?

http://samwinebaum.blogspot.com/2012/08/outdoor-retailer-summer-12-running.html

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
It's the only form of Hydration/pack i've ever seen Tony use. And, Buzz is a great guy and getting some extensive feedback from the community/local runners. I've tried it on and dig it.  Bottles IMO are far more convenient than a bladder, but carrying two in your hands gets old quick. I've done it for most of my races this year, but won't for mountain madness.

-Rob

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 1:58 PM, seanaes [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
The new Ultimate Direction vests are doing bottles up front. Super light and look pretty good

Rob whats the world from the locals on these?

http://samwinebaum.blogspot.com/2012/08/outdoor-retailer-summer-12-running.html

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Do-Want-UltrAspire-hydration-systems-tp6654915p7577822.html
To unsubscribe from Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems, click here.

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

seanaes
What are you running with? The Nathan pack?

My current plan is to run with the Ultraspire Spry vest and 1 handheld. And use a soft platypus bottle in the back pouch to mule water (to refill my handheld) on the long section from AS4 to AS5 and very possibly most of the day depending on the temperature and this weekend's run.

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
Just a nathan with 2 flasks for UCann and some gels.  I thought we did
the 7mi loop first regardless of it being run backwards, but I guess
not. I'd planned on just a single handheld for that section then
picking up my vest, but guess not.

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 2:15 PM, seanaes [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> What are you running with? The Nathan pack?
>
> My current plan is to run with the Ultraspire Spry vest and 1 handheld. And
> use a soft platypus bottle in the back pouch to mule water (to refill my
> handheld) on the long section from AS4 to AS5 and very possibly most of the
> day depending on the temperature and this weekend's run.

> NAML

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

Those vests look awesome! Might have to get one! Sean, did u get one?

MoMa I am planning one handheld and the Nathan vest (the one without the blader). I think one handheld will be enough for this race. If hot weather, I might carry another bottle in the back of the vest.

Sent from my iPhone

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Do-Want-UltrAspire-hydration-systems-tp6654915p7577824.html

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

seanaes
You have to run through the start finish before going out on the mtn. bike loop so you can drop your vest for the last ~7 miles

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
Seb - the vests aren't out yet. Few local guys have samples, but that's it.

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

Steve
I cry every time I go to this web page
I will be out of the country again for MoMa
Not that I could run it but I did want to say hello
That is all

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
I've managed to snag yall a discount. You can use now or save for when packs released. 25% off order at ultimate direction. Code Sportiva12.

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

Sebounet
Sweet, u r a champ!

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 15, 2012, at 9:44 AM, "RPMcMurphy(Rob) [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]"<[hidden email]> wrote:

I've managed to snag yall a discount. You can use now or save for when packs released. 25% off order at ultimate direction. Code Sportiva12.

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Do-Want-UltrAspire-hydration-systems-tp6654915p7577830.html

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

Thanks Rob. What happened to Sportiva 1 through 11?

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
Also, use the discount code.  I've had the AK race vest for a few weeks now, and while I have only used it a few times, and I like it.

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

jrmtown
This post was updated on .
Went all out of stock quick

Re: Do Want! UltrAspire hydration systems

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
Yeah, latest to get them now is Feb. They had a little launch event at the running store here on Wed. I snapped some photos.

http://rtimko.smugmug.com/Running/ud-launch-2012-11-28/26791025_vDcmp7#!i=2243224952&k=csnX3jt