Did my first trail race. What's next?

dp

Did my first trail race. What's next?

dp
I did my first trail race and my longest run ever last weekend. A slow 25k with lots of stops at the aid stations (just about every two miles). So fun ... in that painful "when will this be over" way. Planning on a fall race and something for the spring. Any suggestions?

Re: Did my first trail race. What's next?

NJ Trail Series
How long do you want the race to be?
How hard?
How close to home?

There are a lot of trail races out there to suit most every need but some you may need to travel a bit.
dp

Re: Did my first trail race. What's next?

dp
I loved the 25K distance. I could have been better prepared for it, but I'm looking forward to maintaining and improving over the winter. I'd like to do another 25K with maybe a 10-mile here or there. Hills, rocks, water, single track, fire roads. Happy on all. : )

I've looked at your Mountain Madness and the Back to Schooleys and Winter Series. They all look fun, so I haven't settled on one. I'm on the slower side, so I really liked that the event I did last weekend was so low-key, super supportive and fun. Lewis Morris and Watchung are really close to me, so those are easier to think about scheduling than some of the trails, but I don't mind a drive for a new view.

Letting the spring marathon idea roll around in my head a bit, too.  (And tempted a friend with the Muddy Marathon relay idea.)

Re: Did my first trail race. What's next?

Daddyrox
This post was updated on .
There is also an 8mile and a half-marathon coming up in Oct/Nov at Kittatinny...

http://www.friend2friendscwf.org/
Chris
dp

Re: Did my first trail race. What's next?

dp
Thanks, Chris! These are definite possibilities. I especially like that they benefit Friend2Friend.

Re: Did my first trail race. What's next?

Daddyrox
I'm hoping to do both of the Kittatinny events, along with the 25k MountainMadness and the Schooly's October 30th 10M.  We'll see if I get to all of them.  If it goes well then, like you, I'm considering something longer for next year - marathon/50k-ish.

I'm pretty familiar with the courses at Kittatinny.  Let me know if you're up for a training run if you jump in on either of those events.

Chris