December 10th - Night time Ride

Jules, Len, Deirdre, Elizabeth, Kristen, and anyone else on the board who sometimes moonlights on two wheels. Any interest?  Looks like a fun 60 mile night time ride on the D&R Canal path from Bound Brook to Trenton.

http://greenbrookracing.com/Nightride.html

From website:

WHAT:   The NIGHTRIDE is an
             unsupported, untimed ride for
             fun! (Remember fun?) It is a
             tough ride in usually cold,wet and
             of course, dark conditions. Meant
             for VERY fit riders. The ride is
             from Bound Brook to Trenton
             (and back)along the D&R
             Canal -usually frozen,snow
             covered or completely muddy this
             time of year.

WHEN: December 10th; 7pm-3am
          (it's a long ride- 60 miles)

WHERE: Meet at the Dunkin Doughnuts
             across from the Bound Brook
             Train Station.

WHY: If you don't know that answer, you
         probably shouldn't come

What to bring:Headlamp, reflectors and blinking
light for your bike ; a change of clothes (you will get wet
and want to change on the trip at least once)Warm
socks, gloves, hat for under your helmet,any food or
water you will need for an 8 hour ride, spare tubes,
pumps and some small amount of cash for when we
stop in Trenton at the 7-11 before turning around. A cell
phone (in a waterproof plastic bag)is a good idea if you
can't make the whole ride and need to call for a friend to
come get you!  There is no "sweep" for this ride.
dp

Re: December 10th - Night time Ride

dp
hahaha! Did you notice how they spelled Dunkin Donuts? Tom got to the race director, didn't he?

Hmm ... I'm interested?  I'd have to see about a plan for the kids.

I'm thinking this might prevent me from doing the first of the Winter Series.

Has anyone done it? Eight hours for 60 miles? Yikes.
dp

Re: December 10th - Night time Ride

dp
And while we're hijacking your running forum, I'm seriously considering this (at least the four gaps): Warman. Takers?

Re: December 10th - Night time Ride

You will be my hero if you do that!

I think my road bike is one chain ring short to complete that ride.  Not sure what's worse, going up or coming down those passes (at 50+ mph).

Re: December 10th - Night time Ride

no chance!

Re: December 10th - Night time Ride

Kristen
Hey there, sounds like a long, cold, lonely ride in the dark (my kind of fun) ;). I would actually consider doing this, but I have the same dilemma as Deidre with my kids. Thanks for the info though!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a very sexy, super attractive PF sock to order, so I can get back to running with you guys asap!

Kristen

Re: December 10th - Night time Ride

Even if I lent you my old bike?

Re: December 10th - Night time Ride

Tom7
No chance

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: "JRMotown [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 17:44:00 -0800 (PST)
To: Tom7<[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: December 10th - Night time Ride

Even if I lent you my old bike?

View message @ http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/December-10th-Night-time-Ride-tp5786649p5790365.html

Re: December 10th - Night time Ride

Since this thread has been hijacked anyway, check out:

http://bikemap.com/njbike/index.php

Seems to be a pretty neat project.

Btw -  I don't have any kids, but I'm pretty sure you can just give them some candy and lock them in their rooms, and you should be good to go. No?

Re: December 10th - Night time Ride

Tom7
Am not in the least bit interested in the bike ride but I can'tunderstand why having kids should stop anyone taking part.

I have two kids and I can still run or go to the pub whenever I want to. What's the difference?

Re: December 10th - Night time Ride

The wife just saw my message and hit me.

Re: December 10th - Night time Ride

Sounds like fun however i'm out for two weeks not because of injury but rather massive schoolwork.  December 13th will be my last day of classes and i will be back in the full swing of things.  I can't wait.

Re: December 10th - Night time Ride

Dave K
Chris - duct tape works wonders for keeping kids under control.  Don't ask me how I know.