Check for ticks!

Michael K7
Just a friendly reminder that tick season is in full swing. I did a run in Harriman yesterday and found one of the nasty little buggers on my leg at one point. I always carry tweezers, so i removed it right away, but it was a good reminder to check myself every mile or so.

Re: Check for ticks!

AnneP
No need to check for ticks every mile. Enjoy your run and check at the end. It takes almost 24 hrs for the bacteria that causes Lyme disease to get transmitted from a tick. As long as you remove ticks soon after a run you should be ok.

Re: Check for ticks!

Michael K7
Thanks Anne- i know i'm overly paranoid, maybe i'll try checking every 5 miles lol