Bear Mountain?

jrmtown
Anyone considering Bear? 50M again this year.

Re: Bear Mountain?

Sebounet
50k for me

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 26, 2013, at 8:43 PM, "jrmtown [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Anyone considering Bear? 50M again this year.

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Bear-Mountain-tp7578413.html

Re: Bear Mountain?

andy
I'm signed up for the 50 miler.

Re: Bear Mountain?

Good chance I am in for the 50 miler as well.

How you doing Andy? Haven't seen you since Watchung.

Re: Bear Mountain?

ItsBob
I'm signed up for the 50 miler as well.

Re: Bear Mountain?

andy
I'm good, but I had hoped to have more miles under my belt by now.

Anyone what to head up to Bear Mt. the first weekend in April and run part of the course?

Re: Bear Mountain?

jules
i will be at bear not sure what im doing yet

Re: Bear Mountain?

seanaes
I'm in for the 50k.

Re: Bear Mountain?

Kristina
Hey all!

Wish I checked back sooner! I've been on this site off an on and wanted to meet up with you guys several times but just didnt work out. I'm signed up for the NFC 50 miler- my first ultra. Have lots of races under my belt, and always wanted to do an ultra. So here I am. I actually went up to Bear Mtn last Friday and nearly died. I think I hallucinated a few times, definitely broke down a few times and in more or less words kept asking myself "wtf am I doing?!" Needless to say, I'm the only one of my running friends running an ultra so there's been lots of alone trail time. I went back to Bear Mtn yesterday with a running gf and tried to do the course backwards to at least Timp Pass. Again, wtf. So for you seasoned souls of this race I would not only love to run with you but pick your brain about how you managed this beast. I am stuck doing my long run tomorrow and decided to venture to Ringwood state park since I haven't ran there yet. If anyone would like to join me, my intention is to try and do 28 or 5-6hrs and get there no later than 9am. Granted its monsooning out right now, time may be pushed back a bit. Here's my cell, just shoot me a text if you can make it tomorrow or at some point over the next few wks. 973.519.9152

I'd also like to get back up to Bear a few more times and run a few other sections of the race trail to get to know it and would love company. If you have long runs this weekend I can join you for parts of it.

Re: Bear Mountain?

ItsBob
I’ll be running part of the course tomorrow if anyone wants to join me. Start at Tiorati circle and run down 7 lakes drive to pick up the trail at Silvermine and then run the Silvermine to Arden Valley leg of the course . Head back to the car to refill my hydration pack and then run Arden Valley through Skannatati and out to where the course hits Lake Welch Drive. Return to the car via Lake Welch Drive to 7 lakes drive. I run at a leisurely pace and since I’ll pass my car about 1/3 of the way through the run you can join me for the whole run (~23 miles) or just the first part (8 miles).     I plan on starting around 9 or 10. Text me at 201.264.4759 if you’d like to join me.
Dom

Re: Bear Mountain?

Dom
Im gonna try and get up there at least once before the race(50k) so maybe next Saturday?There or Ringwood i dont care but im only up for 15 ish......

Re: Bear Mountain?

Welcome Kristina!!! Now that the weather is getting nice, I'm sure there are going to be a lot of runs going on!  Look forward to meeting you.

I'm out for this weekend Dom, but going to try to get up there the week after.

Re: Bear Mountain?

Kristina
Hey Bob, sorry I missed you ended up working all weekend. How was the run? Was is fairly easy to follow? I'd like to get up there this week. If need be, I can wait until this Sat, 4/20 to go if anyone else will go with me. Dom, are you in? Anyone else up for a Bear run this weekend?
Dom

Re: Bear Mountain?

Dom
Hey Kristina Ill be going Saturday i have some spare time....not up for more than 15 ish but if u wanna figure something out thats fine. Im out in NY Friday night so realistically the earliest I will get up there is 9.15/30 so lemme know if that works.

Re: Bear Mountain?

Sebounet
Guys, I can't do Saturday but ill be in Watchung on Sunday at the usual Deserted Village parking.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 16, 2013, at 7:55 PM, "Dom [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Kristina Ill be going Saturday i have some spare time....not up for more than 15 ish but if u wanna figure something out thats fine. Im out in NY Friday night so realistically the earliest I will get up there is 9.15/30 so lemme know if that works.

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Bear-Mountain-tp7578413p7578450.html
sg

Re: Bear Mountain?

sg
It's International Barefoot Running Day.

Where better to try this foolish activity?

Re: Bear Mountain?

Kristina
So just a heads up Dom & I are mtg at Anthony Wayne around 9:15-9:30 Saturday. I live next to morristown and would be happy to carpool.

Re: Bear Mountain?

Have fun! I'm not going to make Bear Mountain this week, but am going to try to head up the next weekend.

Seb, I am going to run Watchung on Sunday, maybe looking to get 20 miles? 9am?

Re: Bear Mountain?

seanaes
Dom, I'll meet you guys at Anthony Wayne parking area 9:15-9:30

See you in the morning

Sean
Dom

Re: Bear Mountain?