Appalachian Trail Pics

Well, Jules and I are back from a great weekend on the AT.  I definitely underestimated the difficulty of the trail, but it was great to be out there in such nice weather.  Enjoys some of the pics from along the way.

Sunfish Pond:
Sunfish Pond

Jules trying to act cool (yes, those are Pringles in his bag)

Me trying to act cooler

Dangerous wildlife

Only 1,277.3 miles to to until GA!

Doing my best "scouting" pose

You mean you don't see the trail?

After a nine hour day and the end of the trip

Re: Appalachian Trail Pics

Daddyrox
Great pictures!  Did you camp too or was it a one-day excursion?
Chris

Re: Appalachian Trail Pics

Great pics Chris!  I agree we totallly underestimated the trails however the pringles saved us.  No bears

The trip was 2 days of fun.

Re: Appalachian Trail Pics

seanaes
Awesome. Trip looks great. How much ground did you guys cover?
Jealous.

Sean

Re: Appalachian Trail Pics

We ended up doing probably just shy of 30 miles.  The original plan was to cover the 44 miles from the Water Gap to High Point, but we changed plans at the last minute to stop at Culver Lake instead.  It was a good move, as I don't think we would have been able to cover the original distance during daylight, not hiking with packs anyway.

You could do the whole 44 miles in one day running though.

Re: Appalachian Trail Pics

seanaes
Lets make a plan of it! Maybe running "downhill" from High Point to Water Gap.