Appalachian Trail 8/08

Thinking of doing a 20-25 miler on the AT starting at NY-17 sunday

Re: Appalachian Trail 8/08

What time are you leaving?  I'm doing a longer run on Saturday, and don't know if I will be up for another 20-25 mile run on Sunday, but I might come out to check out the trail and do about 10 miles.

Re: Appalachian Trail 8/08

JRMotown
It's an hour drive for me so I'll try for an early run maybe 8. Since
I don't know the trail I might do 5 miles each way to keep water full.

or later in the day if it isn't too hot. Probably early would be
better because of the trail use.

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 8:59 AM, RNR [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> What time are you leaving?  I'm doing a longer run on Saturday, and don't
> know if I will be up for another 20-25 mile run on Sunday, but I might come
> out to check out the trail and do about 10 miles.

Re: Appalachian Trail 8/08

would have loved to check out the AT however i will be out of town that weekend.

Re: Appalachian Trail 8/08

JRMotown
Jules i'll let you know if its any good- seems like a good spot to
start although much hillier than even watchung

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Jules "silentstorm" Moore [via NJ
wrote:
> would have loved to check out the AT however i will be out of town that
> weekend.
> Moore

Re: Appalachian Trail 8/08

JRMotown
If you still up for it probably head out there to start at 8 or 9, let me know and we can meet up at the rt 17 lot.

Re: Appalachian Trail 8/08

JRMotown
Just discovered my camelbak tube is quite moldy. Need to stop at outdoor store and pick up new one which means Ill get to the trailhead 11:30 probably now.

Re: Appalachian Trail 8/08

Hey Jason, not going to be able to make it.  Have a good run.

Re: Appalachian Trail 8/08

RNR- that kicked my arse. I started at Tuxedo train station and went up the white trail. did 3 hours for 17 miles. Not sure if I was anywhere near the AT though.

Re: Appalachian Trail 8/08

Ha!