Anyone run the D&R Path at night? Safe?

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
I'm getting bored of running around the neighborhood at night and the closest place I could run that's not on the street and actually get some miles in is the D&R path (albeit flat/boring) starting in Johnson Park in New Brunswick.

My wife is a little worried about running it at night, due to ...well...there being water on both sides of you.

Anyone run this at night? or have any other suggestions for near-by to east brunswick/south river to run at night?

Re: Anyone run the D&R Path at night? Safe?

NJ Trail Series
I have run on that canal path at night but I'd run almost any where.

The canal is flat, wide and easy to see.  I think you could actually run on that path with out lights.  Unless you take a hard left or right you will stay on the path and out of the water.

Re: Anyone run the D&R Path at night? Safe?

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
You're a bit bigger than my wife haha.  I think she has the 'caught in an alley with walls on both sides of ya and the bad guys in front and back' movie scenes in her head.

Re: Anyone run the D&R Path at night? Safe?

That might be some good motivation to run faster!

Re: Anyone run the D&R Path at night? Safe?

Ran later last night, had a nice run in/stand-off with a manypoint Buck.

he was all like - 'I got no where to go on each side of me, and I ain't walking back a mile...because I'm bigger, I don't care how many rocks you throw near me or how much noise you make'

and I was all like 'Ok man. I'll wait it out. you're bigger...'