2014 Race Schedule

12

2014 Race Schedule

Jules
Just curious to what people are doing for 2014.
I'm planning the following

TNF Bear 1/2 half-May
TNF DC 50k-June
Manitou relay or escarpment-July
Vermont 50k-August/September

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

Sebounet
Paris Half Marathon
Hat Run 50k
Bull Run Run 50m (if my name gets picked up)
Cayuga trail 50m (still debating)
Bear Mountain 50k
Vermont 50m (I think this is my A race this year)

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 19, 2013, at 9:55 PM, "Jules [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Just curious to what people are doing for 2014.
I'm planning the following

TNF Bear 1/2 half-May
TNF DC 50k-June
Manitou relay or escarpment-July
Vermont 50k-August/September

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/2014-Race-Schedule-tp7579010.html

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

M Jones
Jan - LI FatAss 50M
Feb - Hashawha Hills 50K
March - Lenape
April - NJ Marathon ? (I'm thinking of trying to qualify for Boston 2015)
May - Mayapple
Need to target a good long race or two in June/July maybe something out West
Aug - Super Spartan Virginia
Sept - Super Spartan NJ
Focus Race: MoMa 2014
Oct/Nov relax
Dec - Frozen Fools

I am a creature of habit, those are the same races I did this year (except NJ Marathon and the Virginia Spartan race), but this year I'm going to do them better.

I hope

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

Sebounet
Marcus,
Finger lake 50 in July
Great race.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 19, 2013, at 10:24 PM, "M Jones [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Jan - LI FatAss 50M
Feb - Hashawha Hills 50K
March - Lenape
April - NJ Marathon ? (I'm thinking of trying to qualify for Boston 2015)
May - Mayapple
Need to target a good long race or two in June/July maybe something out West
Aug - Super Spartan Virginia
Sept - Super Spartan NJ
Focus Race: MoMa 2014
Oct/Nov relax
Dec - Frozen Fools

I am a creature of habit, those are the same races I did this year (except NJ Marathon and the Virginia Spartan race), but this year I'm going to do them better.

I hope

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/2014-Race-Schedule-tp7579010p7579014.html

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

Tommy
I have scheduled so far:

NJ Trail Series Winter Half Marathons in January and February
Febapple 50k - February
NJ Ultra Fest 50 Miler - March
Bear Mountain 50 Miler (I think - still working up the courage) - May
Mountain Madness 50k - September
Any other NJ Trail Series events that pop up and I can fit in.

I need some summer races but they are hard to schedule as there are not as many and there are vacations to deal with.  I like the Escarpment Trail Run but last year it fell when I was on vacation and they haven't announced the date for 2014.  If I am around for it I will probably do it.

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

Scott H
I'm going to scale things back a bit this year...

March 22 - The HAT Run 50K - Signed up. So you guys/gals better schedule some runs so I can get in shape.
April 12 - Bull Run Run 50M -The best ultra ever...if you can make the lottery.
May 3 - TNF Bear Mountain 50K - This race is not kind to my body so I might do the Marathon or the Half Marathon this year.
August 19 - Running with the Devil - It can't possibly be any hotter than last year, can it?
September 28 - Vermont 50M - Third time is a charm.

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

Sebounet
Scott, does that mean that I will have to beat you at 4 races?
Damn. I have to do a lot of training then. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 20, 2013, at 4:18 PM, "Scott H [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm going to scale things back a bit this year...

March 22 - The HAT Run 50K - Signed up. So you guys/gals better schedule some runs so I can get in shape.
April 12 - Bull Run Run 50M -The best ultra ever...if you can make the lottery.
May 3 - TNF Bear Mountain 50K - This race is not kind to my body so I might do the Marathon or the Half Marathon this year.
August 19 - Running with the Devil - It can't possibly be any hotter than last year, can it?
September 28 - Vermont 50M - Third time is a charm.

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/2014-Race-Schedule-tp7579010p7579017.html

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

Scott H
Seb, I think you missed one...

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

Sebounet
MoMa?

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 20, 2013, at 5:04 PM, "Scott H [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Seb, I think you missed one...

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/2014-Race-Schedule-tp7579010p7579020.html

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

Man you guys are ambitious! I'm not much of a race planner.

The only ones I know for sure
Devil - still inspired by the twelve - I don't know why
MoMa - hopefully not sick this time

Maybe Watchung
Maybe Lenape
Maybe Fools or Tammany

The rest is open and have the desire for unsupported non-race ultra distance runs
Jay

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

Jay
I'm doing the same as this yr but the goal is to get better times...
jan- Watchung 50k
feb- febapple 50m
march- lenape
march- nj ultrafest 100m
april- nj devil xterra off road tri
may- north face bear mtn 50m
may- mayapple if i don't miss registration again
june- manitou's revenge
july- running with the devil
august- i think theres a manitou twin being made up?
sep- moma
nov- 5k
nov- maybe nyc marathon if i get in
dec- frozen fools
sg

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

sg
1.  Watchung 50k
2.  Febapple 50M
3.  NJ Ultra Fest (1st 100 mile attempt)
4.  3 Dayz at the Fair (Backup).

I basically want to run a Hundo before Mid Summer Solstice when it gets real hot.

Lots of other stuff in-between but these are the primary goals.

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

Tammany 10!
Maybe Massunuttin
Devil 12
~Manitous maybe
VCU100 or Pb100 maybe
5k's whenever possible

Still a nagging groin/hip flexor + achilles issue from early '13 so maybe none of the above but..

You KNOW I'll be there for the Frozen Fools 5th anniversary fool!!

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

jbyram2
Jan - hamilton hangover 5 miler, Chilly cheeks 7 miler
Feb - Febapple 50k
APR - NJ marathon, bucks county half marathon
may - Dirty German 50m
Aug - wildcat?
Sept - Moma
Nov - Stone mill 50m

Will probably throw in a few shorter races as well. Somehow I want to throw in a timed race, but not at the fair... maybe devil??

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

Kristina
Holy Moses guys! Quite impressive. How do you guys do it? Especially those of you doing an ultra a month. Do you guys not do longgg runs in between? I know I'm just getting into the ultras and need to build up but damn homies. Any words of wisdom to up the ante? Or just grow a pair and go for it?  Ha ha I definitely want to try a new ultra and you guys have thrown out some great suggestions (maybe Cayuga or Bull Run?) in addition to a few marathons. And I'm still debating whether to go back for vengeance for TNF Bear Mtn 50m -or- run a shorter distance. I got beat up bad at that one, not just physically but mentally and DNF. Still a toss up. Will be at MOMA.  Oh and running the Dopey Challenge in Disney Jan 8-14!

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

Ellen
Has anyone run the TNF 50 Mile before? Wondering if I need to bring crew/pacers..

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

Tommy
Many people in this group have done it.  I did the marathon last year and will be doing the 50 miler this year.  Pacers and crew are allowed but I don't know how necessary they are.  There are a ton of aid stations that are very well stocked and manned.

From TNF FAQ:

Can I use a Crew?

Yes. Crews are permitted for the Marathon, 50K, and Gore-Tex® 50 Mile only and must adhere to the following rules:

Crews must administer support only at specially designated, crew-accessible Aid Stations (see GORE-TEX 50 Mile, 50K, or Marathon course guides for your region).

Crews must follow the directions given by Aid Station staff on where to set up and assist their runners.

Violating any of these rules will result in runner disqualification.

Are pacers permitted?

Pacers are permitted in the GORE-TEX 50 Mile race ONLY. Pacers must adhere to the following rules:

No pacers in any distance other the Gore-Tex® 50 Mile race.

Pacers are not allowed on the course prior to mile 27.

Pacers cannot meet runners at locations other than those designated (see Gore-Tex 50 Mile course guide for your region). No pacers are allowed on-course prior to the first Aid Station designated for meeting runners.

Pacers must check in with the volunteers at designated Aid Stations when joining their runner.

Pacers are required to sign a release waiver and wear an event bib before leaving the aid station with their runner. Pacer bib numbers will be provided by Aid Station staff. Pacer numbers must be visible on the outside and front of clothing.

Runners can be accompanied by only one (1) pacer at a time.

No “muling” (pacers carrying runner’s gear or nutrition/fluids).

No vehicular or bike pacing allowed.

Pacers are responsible for their own transportation to and from the aid stations.

Violating any of these rules will result in runner disqualification.

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

Ellen
Great, thanks! I emailed the race coordinators and they said most people don't bring crews or pacers.

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

emilyzh
New Years 5k NYC, New Orleans Marathon Feb. 2, NJ Ultrafest 50K March. Spring/Summer: Tennis. NYC in Nov? I'm new at this, do you guys... my age, 48...rest and recover?

Re: 2014 Race Schedule

Steve
don't get sucked in to this testosterone festival Emily. these guys are a bunch of overachievers!
12