09/14 MoMa Run?

12

09/14 MoMa Run?

JohnnyDePaola
This post was updated on .
Hi all, I know we're two weeks out from MoMa so some of you may have started your taper, but I'm hoping to hit the MoMa course for a few hours on Saturday.  I'm looking to get in 20 - 22 miles.

Just wondering if anyone is going to be out there on Saturday, I'm up for starting from either Ringwood or Mahwah.

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

Rick
I'd like to start at Shapard Lake and do it all, minus the jut to Ramapo. Havent done the Mountain Bike Loop yet, so 'd like to see that. What do you think?

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

Chris
I plan on doing the whole thing, minus the Ramapo out-back and the MTB loop, starting from Shepard's on Saturday morning.  How does 7:30am sound?

Anyone who wants to do the MTB loop can tack it on after we get back to the start.

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

jbyram2
Since I haven't run up orange or white, or done the bike loop, I was hoping to start at AS4 in mahwah and run to AS 1/3/5, continue the course up white to Shepard lake, do the  bike loop, then run out red /blue to AS1/3/5 and head back down orange to AS4.  I'm flexxible though...

Mahwah's a heck of a lot easier to drive to also..

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

casual rick
7:30 it is.

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

Kristina
I guess I'll suck it up and join you. Foot pain has finally one away and I suppose it's a good idea to run the course at least once. Especially since the last time I ran out there was the part we're no longer running on. See you Saturday at 7:30.

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

JohnnyDePaola
Sorry for not checking back sooner guys!  I posted this on Monday looking forward to finally having a weekend home to check out a chunk of the MoMa course.  Unfortunately I'm fighting off an awful cold.  I'll probably be out on the trail, but am definitely not up for the whole course.  I'll thinking of starting from the Ramapo Lot (since it's about 5 minutes from my driveway) but I'm not sure what time I'll get going.

Hopefully I'll see you guys out there!  If not I'm looking forward to meeting everyone on the 29th.

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

jbyram2
Sounds like everyone (Except for Johnny deP) is starting at Shepherd Lake at 7:30, so I'll be there too.

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

Just in case the gate is still down to Shepard's Lake at 7:30am, the backup meeting place will be parking lot "P a".  You will pass it on the road into Shepard's lake by the Botanical Gardens.

Looks like we are going to have great weather tomorrow!

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

JohnnyDePaola
Just in case I feel up to trying the run with you guys tomorrow would someone be able to give me some more detailed directions?

I've always run from the Mahwah entrance because it's so close to my house.  I'm not really sure how to get to the Shepards Lake entrance, and Google isn't being very helpful.

Thanks!

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

JohnnyDePaola
I actually think I may have figured it out.  I wouldn't say "no" to directions, but should be able to find it without them.

If I feel okay in the morning I'll probably try to meet you all up there.  I know the area well enough that if I'm slowing you all down or not feeling up to finishing I can turn back.

Cheers!

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

Steve
Skyline up and over the hill to the end. Right on greenwood lake. Right on sloatsburg rd. right on Morris road to the sign for shepherd lake.

I have a bit of a cold too. If I'm going ill be on time. I might start running if I get there early as I'm sure you guys will catch me.

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

JohnnyDePaola
Thanks Steve!  I packed and just finished boiling my potatoes, so I'm pretty committed to this.  As long as I don't feel much worse in the morning I'll be there, probably a bit before 7:30.

Hope to see you all in the morning.

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

JohnnyDePaola
Thanks for an awesome run guys!   Looking forward to MoMa... now I just need to decide which distance.

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

Kristina

It's been decided you're doing the 50k. Awesome. See you at the start!

Kristina

On Sep 14, 2013 5:12 PM, "JohnnyDePaola [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for an awesome run guys!   Looking forward to MoMa... now I just need to decide which distance.

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/09-14-MoMa-Run-tp7578762p7578775.html
To unsubscribe from 09/14 MoMa Run?, click here.

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

jbyram2
+1

It is against the rules to do a training run as long as the race.

Thanks for a great run, guys, *And Kristina*

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

Kristina
Thanks for keeping me going! Jodie I can't get your new jingle out of my head..."run when you can, walk if you must, puking is a part of the game...". something along those lines

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

JohnnyDePaola
Haha, I appreciate all the support guys.  I went out for a few miles today and feel pretty good, I think I have my mind made up.

I was just wondering if you guys could give me some input of the rest of the course?  I'm not really familiar with that loop that we skipped south of Yaw Paw.  Is there anything significantly more challenging than what we ran on Saturday?

Thanks!

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

Steve
Nothing substantial Johnny. Cannonball and Yellow up to skyline drive AS2 are pretty much the same as the red trail we started on. Orange on the way back to yaw paw is the same as orange was going down to ramapo that is pretty rocky and mostly single track.

Re: 09/14 MoMa Run?

jbyram2
That was a Dan Fogelberg song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqDyH-dMrKw